Wednesday 18 February 2009

Oxford Book of Soups and Stews - call for recipies

Cyril Edwards has asked me to post this about another fundraising project!

Well, I have no academic book coming out this year, so thought I'd go, in the autumn, for my first cookbook (and also my first self-published book). It's a collaborative effort – I'm just the editor and compiler (and one of the 4 central cooks). Naveed is another. The book will be 128pp, beautifully illustrated, ring-bound and on acid-free paper. Guest recipes have been coming in from far and wide, but no doubt OOG people could offer me more. There will be 3 sections: vegetable; fish; meat, poultry and game. Family recipes are ideal, exotic recipes very welcome, and acknowledgements should be scrupulously made, preferably with an anecdote. So please send me your recipes, preferably by e-mail: volunteer@oxfordoxfamgroup.org.uk

The last date for submission of recipes is April Fools' Day, 2009.

I would welcome help with marketing. Local shops here in Abingdon have been very encouraging. The problem with selling books through Oxfam shops is the splitting of the profits. Oxfam is curiously reluctant about such matters, far too rigid. They shouldn't be. I'm quite happy for half the profits to go to Oxfam, but I would like, in an ideal world, to cover my costs. Laserset in Abingdon will be doing the printing. I estimate the book will cost £6.99 or £7.99.

No comments:

Post a Comment